And the Award goes to…. (Part 2)
Well, I promised a part two of my Award nomination acceptance and here it is! Now I’m answering the questions set by my nominator:
1. What do you get out of blogging?
It is where I can be completely myself. My husband actually said he wouldn’t have known it was me if I hadn’t told him, because the writing on my blog is “perceptive” and “insightful”! That’s because he never lets me talk without interrupting me! I didn’t stab him with a blunt object for saying that, but I was tempted! I also like having Freedom to express myself without causing an argument. Well, maybe I will cause an argument one day when I have more readers. Poor Kate from Katetakes5.blogspot.co.uk found herself in the middle of a bit of a ding-dong recently because she dared to talk about her daughters liking pink!
2. Was motherhood what you thought it would be, and if not how is it different?
Motherhood is SOOO not what I expected. It is MUCH harder work than any job I’ve ever had. I wasn’t completely unrealistic. I knew there would be crying and dirty nappies. I just thought the crying would stop instantly when their loving mother picked them up and cuddled them and I didn’t realise the nappies would happen during the night. When I was living through the demanding brat years, I never realised they would be so long. And now they are almost adults, I wish I could have all those years back and appreciate them more!
3. What do you miss most about your pre-children self?
My figure. It has never recovered from the staggering amount of weight I whacked on during two too-close-together pregnancies! Also my tolerance for alcohol. I am now a wimp when it comes to drinking.
4. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Trust your instincts. Let go of the need to prove yourself or gain approval from others. Remember you are in charge of your own feelings, no-one can make you feel bad, you choose how to react to what they are saying.
5. As a woman – do you believe it’s possible to have it all
I believe it is possible for a woman to HAVE it all, but not to DO it all. For example, you can’t work full time, have perfect hair/make-up/nails, spend quality time with your kids and partner/spouse, look after the pets, do the shopping, school runs etc., AND tidy the house and garden. Chores should be shared, or preferably outsourced. If you are lucky enough to be able to make the choice to be a SAHM as I was, that’s brilliant. Then you just have to accept that you can still have it all, but not all at once. When my new business is up and running, a cleaner is first on my wish-list!
Well, that’s the world according to Karen done and dusted – in the context of my Award, you understand. I have opinions to voice and stories to tell on a LOT of other subjects!
Now it’s time to spread the Liebster love and think of others…
Questions for my nominees:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favourite way to relax?
3. Which meal do you cook way too often?
4. Now you’re a parent, what do you do, or let your child do, that you swore you never would?
5. Which Disney or Pixar film do you now know all the words to?
6. If you had the perfect babysitter – what is the longest you think you could manage without the children, and where would you go?
7. If you could start parenthood all over again, what if anything would you change?
8. If you had your way, what would your children be when they grow up?
9. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being not at all, 10 being definitely) based on their current behaviour, how likely are your children to meet your aspirations as set out above?
10. What do you worry about your child doing, above all other possibilities?
11. How much is too much when it comes to organised activities?
And finally…. I have no idea how to check how many followers a blog has, so I am just going with blogs I like, in which the blogger has mentioned they are new. I would like to give an honorary mention to whyishersostroppy who nominated me and has, therefore already been nominated. Another honorary mention needs to be said for “Mummysonthewine” who, for a relatively short time, wrote a fantastic blog and who was the person who finally inspired me to dive in and start writing but has now given up blogging to pursue studies.
After much, pfaffing about, searching, reading, and generally deciding who best fit the criteria My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
http://www.justanormalmummy.blogspot.co.uk – whose take on life has me laughing out loud. Be prepared for a very frank, sweary but hilarious look at life with a dominant toddler; and
http://www.ginandcornflakes.com/blog/ -this lady writes posts on various subjects in such a chatty, witty, likeable style, that I almost feel I know her. I do hope she isn’t creeped-out by that!
I’d also like to say to my nominees, please don’t be put off by the fact that I had to split my post in two. Maybe I talk too much, or perhaps I’m just not brave enough to put a great big long post on all in one go!